I have been busy moving last week and this week, so writing has been sitting to the side. I also have some extensive travel coming up at the end of the month, which will make June a slower month.
On my return I have an overnight layover in Amsterdam, and if I am lucky I will have time to find a museum. My 9th great-grandfather, Joost Jansen Van Meter, was born in Meteren, in the Gelderland province of the Netherlands (in the part of the province located south of Utrecht). His parents came to America on the ship D'Vox on 31 August 1662, from Amsterdam to New Amsterdam (New York). I'll have more on the Van Meters later in the year.
Writing reminders for June and July:
- Jones family in the 1940 US Census in Indiana
- Whitley & Wheatley lines in Kentucky
- On Borders & Crossings (and the pending US Supreme Court case Arizona vs the United States)
- Update on AncestryDNA results
- More photos from my grandmother Blanche O'Brien Jones and her O'Brien and Lamon lines
- Revisiting the research on Company G, 5th Tennessee Volunteers in the Mexican War
- More on the Campuzano and Portillo families in Arizona and Sonora
- A follow-up on the Read house north of Culpeper, Virginia