|Photo from I. Wagers. Campuzano family at Red Rock, AZ. About 1903 or 1905.|
In the 1900 US Census (taken 12 June 1900), the family appears in Tucson, Pima County, Arizona.
Jesus also appears in the 1900 US Census (taken 2 June 1900) in Pinal County, Arizona, working as a wagonmaker.
In the 1901 City Directory for Tucson, Jesus Campuzano appears as a carpenter, living at 536 N. 8th Avenue. Crescencio Campuzano, who also appears in this record, was an older half-brother of Jesus.
According to the 1902 City Directory, the family was living at 288 Convent Street at the time. Jesus was working as a blacksmith.
Jose Jesus Campuzano and Elvira Felix had seven children:
- Mariana Campuzano (1883-1945)
- Rosaura Campuzano (1886-1947)
- Jesus Felix Campuzano (Abt 1888 or 1889 -1919)
- Alfredo Campuzano (1890-1891)
- Plutarco Campuzano (1892-1892)
- Gilberto Campuzano (1893-1904)
- Ataulfo Campuzano (1895-1984)
Alfredo and Plutarco died as infants in Sonora. The birth records for both children list Vicente Campuzano and Concepcion Amado as grandparents.