|US Indexed Land Ownership map, Campbell Township, 1880|
Stephen and Katharina appear in the 1860 US Census in Campbell Township, Warrick County, Indiana.
Stephen and Katharina had at least the following children:
- Anna M. Freyling, 1857-1921
- John Andrew Freyling, 1860-1915
- John Jacob (Johann Jacob) Freyling, 1862-1892
- Maria Margretha Freyling, 1866-1884
- Catherine Elizabeth Freyling, 1869-1960
- Louisa Caroline Freyling, 1871-1902
- Rosa K. Freyling, 1874-1953
Stephen registered for the Civil War draft in June 1863. I have not been able to find a service record to see if he actually served in the Civil War.
Anna Freyling married Christian Frederick Schlag at Salem UCC in Evansville, Indiana on 19 October 1879. John Andrew Freyling married Karolina (Carrie) Wilhelmina Rech on 3 September 1890. John's sister Catherine Elizabeth Freyling married Carrie Rech's brother William Jacob Rech. Youngest sister Rosa K. Freyling married James Simpson on 27 June 1907.
Katharina Wagner Freyling died on 11 June 1891 in Warrick County, Indiana. Stephen Freyling died on 28 June 1893 in Campbell Township, Warrick County. After Stephen's death, son John inherited the family land. He appears in the 1900 and 1910 US Census with wife Carrie and children.
|1900 US Census, Campbell, Warrick County, Indiana.|
|1910 US Census, Campbell, Warrick County, Indiana.|
|1920 US Census, Pigeon Township, Vanderburgh County, Indiana.|
- Alfred Stephen Freyling, 1892-1975
- Ruth Ann Freyling, 1894-1947
- Minnie Louise Freyling, 1896-1972
- Marie Elizabeth Freyling, 1899-1985
- Kathryn Susan Freyling, 1901-1985
- Emma Carolyn Freyling, 1904-1975
Carrie lived a long life and died in Los Angeles, California on 12 August 1960. I will have much more on her time in California in upcoming posts.
Going backwards once again, Stephen Freyling had at least two siblings who joined him in the Warrick and Vanderburgh County area of Indiana. His sister Elizabeth Freyling married Johann Frederick Wahl on 2 October 1856. They were living in Center Township, Vanderburgh County in the 1860 US Census. Older brother Jacob Freyling was also in the area. More to follow.