|Photo by Patrick L Jones - Georgetown, 2004|
Mary Ann and Samuel had the following children:
1. Sophia Oyler, born 8 February 1853, died 13 November 1915 in Jackson County, Illinois
2. Elenora (Ellen) Oyler, born 24 August 1854, died 20 December 1923 in Portsmouth, Scioto County, Ohio
3. Charles John Oyler, born 9 December 1856, died 1 January 1921 in Thorntown, Boone County, Indiana (my 2nd-great-grandfather)
4. Benjamin Franklin Oyler, born 29 April 1859, died 4 December 1930 in Butler County, Ohio
5. Frances Fannie Oyler, born 7 July 1861, died 12 May 1941 in Covington, Kenton County, Kentucky [Note - her death certificate states that she was born in Washington County, Indiana, and that her mother's name was Mary Hais, and her father's name was John Oyler].
6. Samuel Oyler Jr, died in York, Lewis & Clark County, Montana
I've already noted in an earlier post on her son Charles John Oyler, that Mary Ann was living in the household of her father-in-law George Oyler in the 1870 US Census. This is after young Charles had been sent to Tippecanoe County, Indiana to live with his aunt and uncle following the death of his father Samuel Oyler.
Mary Ann Hise Oyler died on 15 April 1872, while she was in Chillicothe, Ross County, Ohio for her daughter Elenora (Ellen) Oyler's wedding to Johan Schiffer. A copy of her obituary is below: