![]() |
| Arthur Streeton. Golden Summer, Eaglemont. 1889. |
As I look at the DNA matches in common associated with my 3rd-great-grandmother Bridget's side of the tree, I am seeing clusters of Australians descended from Irish people from Roscommon and Longford. The Australian story is worth exploring in further detail. On my extended travel calendar for late 2027 is a long awaited visit to Australia. I've missed a few opportunities to see Australia and New Zealand, and I'm really looking forward to the chance to finally travel to the land Down Under.
I'm going to use some of the remaining days of the month to look at some of these Australian connections and try to build floating trees connecting them back to my growing list of family names from the border of Roscommon and Longford.
It makes sense that descendants from my Irish line would escape famine era-Ireland for new opportunities across the world in Australia and New Zealand. I'd like to explore their stories further before I make my own long journey around the world to see this intriguing place.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.