|Logansport Pharos-Tribune, 5 Dec 1930.|
In the article above, James D. Havens, county trustee, was appointed receiver for two grain elevators in Miami County, Indiana. These were operated by the Farmers Cooperative Elevator Company.
As noted in the obituaries of James and Lucinda Helen Wright Havens, they lived in Bennetts Switch, Miami County for many years. In the 1900 US Census, they were living in the household of James's parents, James and Ellenora Rork Havens in Deer Creek Township.
|1900 US Census. Miami County, Indiana.|
- Hazel Aleta Havens, born 4 Sept 1894 in Tazewell County, Illinois, died 1 Sept 1976 in Cass County, Indiana
- Ross Harold Havens, born 7 Dec 1900 in Miami County, Indiana, died 31 May 1973 in St. Louis, Missouri
- Russell Ardith Havens, born 12 Oct 1903 in Miami County, died 21 Jan 1983 in Orlando, Florida
- Ellenora Havens, born 18 Feb 1906 in Miami County, died 20 Jun 1992 in Louisville, Kentucky
- Leora Annabel Havens, born 28 Feb 1908 in Miami County, died 25 Nov 1987 in Cass County, Indiana
- Verna Mae Havens, born 30 Jun 1910 in Miami County, died 8 Sep 2000 in Kokomo, Indiana
The 1930 US Census shows James managing the grain elevator in Bennetts Switch. They were in the same place in the 1940 US Census.