|Ancestry, Tennessee Early Tax List, 1836. Jackson County, Tennessee.|
John married Nancy Pridemore sometime before 1830. They had at least the following children (I may be missing some):
- Andrew Jackson Gaw (born 1830)
- Francis Marion Gaw (born 31 Oct 1831, died 11 March 1897 in Denton County, Texas)
- Mary Ann Gaw (born about 1834)
- Elizabeth Gaw (born about 1835)
- Arminda Gaw (born about 1837)
- Franklin Gaw (born about 1839)
- Sarah E. Gaw (born about 1840)
- Judah Emeline Gaw (born June 1845, died 1914 in Overton County, Tennessee)
- Martha Amanda Gaw (born 14 Jul 1847, died September 1915)
Several researchers note John and Nancy divorced in 1855, I am in discussions with a Gaw researcher who has more information. I hope to have more on this very soon.
I have seen some researchers who list John's death in 1863, and he may have been a casualty to the Civil War.
John's father Thomas Gaw has quite an extensive history in Tennessee, and I will have more on that in upcoming posts.