|Source: Ancestry. Kentucky Marriage Records, 14 Dec 1829.|
Above is a copy of the marriage bond for Richard Wheatley and Nancy Phillips, my 4th-great-grandparents. The bond shows that Richard and Nancy's father Morris paid a bond for 50 pounds on 14 December 1829 in Barren County, Kentucky. I have written about Richard previously, as a son of my 5th-great-grandfather Robert Wheatley. I'm a little surprised in looking back over this line that I have skipped over Richard, so I will try to rectify that here.
After Richard and Nancy were married, they settled in neighboring Warren County. The appear in the 1830 US Census.
|Source: Ancestry. 1830 US Census, Warren County, KY.|
- Jane Wheatley, 1831-
- Sarah Sally Wheatley, 8 May 1833-10 Apr 1899 (married David Grinstead)
- Mary H. Wheatley, 20 Dec 1835-18 Dec 1922 (married John W. Caplinger)
- Robert Jackson Wheatley, 28 Jun 1838-12 Jan 1922 (my 3rd-great-grandfather)
- Morris J Wheatley, 19 Feb 1840-17 Jan 1913
- William J. Wheatley, 13 Apr 1843-29 Jul 1915
- Anne Elizabeth Wheatley, 2 Feb 1846-25 Apr 1932
- Nancy Wheatley, 9 Feb 1847-6 Nov 1925 (married John William Beckham)
- Kitty Ann Wheatley, 1850-
Richard and family appear living next door to Richard's father Robert Wheatley in the 1840 US Census in Warren County. He was a farmer.
|Source: Ancestry. 1840 US Census, Warren County, KY.|
|Source: Ancestry. 1850 US Census, Warren County, KY.|
|Source: Ancestry. 1860 US Census, Warren County, KY.|
|Source: Ancestry. 1870 US Census, Warren County, KY.|
|Source: Ancestry. 1880 US Census, Warren County, KY.|