Thursday, October 8, 2026

Coming soon: Ancestry regions by grandparent

AncestryDNA. 2026 update.

Ancestry is in the process of rolling out the 2026 DNA update. I'll have a separate in-depth post looking at the changes across the kits I manage. In the meantime, a new feature I'm still waiting to receive is regions by grandparent. When I click on the image above, I see my updated 2026 regions divided by parents, with a green box for "Coming Soon: Regions by Grandparent".

I was really hyped for the potential of the 2026 regions update. Looking at the data, I have mixed feelings. I've lost some small percentages for regions that I've had for a while. Some old areas that had disappeared for me are now back, and a few new regional surprises. I now have the benefit of comparing the changes across a bigger set and with shared matches, and some of the lost regions still appear in these cousins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.