About two years ago, I decided to level up my DNA knowledge following the approaches of YourDNAGuide. I watched YouTube videos, recordings from RootsTech, joined Study Group, sought guided instruction with DNA experts, attended RootsTech in person in March 2025, rejoined Study Group, and pursued a monthly pace of DNA research questions that have continued to today.
Study Group is winding down in September, but in its place I'm stepping up a level to the DNA Skills Workshop. This is more intensive, and a combination of online lessons and live sessions with a DNA expert coach, over the span of ten weeks. A complication for me during the ten weeks is primary work responsibilities and upcoming travel to LA, NY and Asia. But I'm going to dive in and give it a go.
I will probably be revisiting some of my challenging research questions, from the mystery Leyva matches connected to the Portillo family, and the complicated map of the two Campuzano families. I may use this as an opportunity to reconfirm the research on the father of Mary Alice Cain Read. I am also hopeful these techniques will help uncover the missing link to the family of my 3rd-great-grandmother Bridget, who likely traces back to Longford, Ireland.
The Skills Workshop begins next week. I'll be reading prep material this weekend, and aligning my research questions going forward for the workshop.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.