Earlier in the month I traced the land holdings of John Booher Sr. in Sullivan County, Tennessee. From John's will in neighboring Washington County, Virginia, I reached out to the county court there to see if there were land records available for the Boohers. The Washington County Court has located land records for John Booher Sr and is sending copies. While I await the file, I thought it would be useful to recap the family of John Booher Sr., before following the trail further back.
John Booher Sr was born about 1750 in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. He married Barbara Barnett on 30 January 1770 in Lancaster County. I am working back along the paper trail to Lancaster County.
As recounted in the Parragin Story, John and Barbara had the following children:
1. Jacob Booher (3 March 1777 to 29 July 1845), my 6th-great-grandfather
2. Mary (Polly) Booher (born about 1780)
3. Benjamin Wesley Booher (24 November 1781 to 14 July 1860)
4. William Booher (1784 to 1850)
5. John Booher Jr (25 June 1788 to 19 February 1873)
6. Frederick Booher (1790 to October 1847)
7. Jehu Booher (died in infancy)
8. Isaac Booher (1794 to 6 April 1863)
9. Henry Booher, twin of Isaac (1794 to 1823)
10. Elizabeth Booher (11 January 1797 to 13 April 1902)
Additional sources on the Booher family can be found in SearchTrees and Betty McCay's book A History and Genealogy of the Booher Family, 1747-1964.